Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Mission

So let’s get started. Here’s a little background that you’ll need to know to understand this journey. I am a serial monogamist. Since I was 15, I’ve been in one long term relationship after another. And I have the unfortunate ability to make a mediocre relationship last way beyond its natural expiration date. I am interested in so many things and can adjust to so many situations that guys just fall in love with me. Don’t laugh. I’m being serious. I can feel happy and right at home in the middle of the wilderness, or in a formal dress at a fancy restaurant, or at a rodeo, or at a Rush concert, or on a wildlife refuge in South Africa, or at a poetry reading, or drinking a PBR at a motocross race. It’s really a curse because I seem to fit...with anyone...anywhere. But it’s never a perfect fit, obviously, because I get to the two-year-are-we-going-to-get-married-or-not point and its always a not. 
I’ve made myself a promise. And I’m making it to you, too, readers, that I will go on dates with 25 men before making any... and I mean any... type of commitment. I also promise not to be too picky. This is all about being open-minded and expanding my horizons, right? But I have a feeling it will be a bit colorful, possibly tragic, and hopefully humorous. Are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment